What to expect at the 2020 Red Beret Hotel Cairns Cup Carnival
This year the Red Beret Hotel Cairns Cup Carnival is different to anything we’ve done before. Here’s what to expect on the day.
- Gates open 11am.
- You require your Trybooking ticket to enter through the front entrance. This was emailed to you at the time of booking.
- Tickets will be scanned. Staff will give you a wristband for your section. You will be required to put on your own wristband.
- All attendees will be required to complete an attendance register form before entering Cannon Park. Please bring your own pen if possible.
- Once you enter the grounds you need to go directly to your designated area.
- Food can only be purchased from the café opposite the mounting yard. It will be a takeaway set-up. Food must be taken back to your registered section to eat whilst seated.
- You must be seated while drinking or eating (no dancing permitted at this race day).
- Maintain social distancing during all activities, including queuing.
- There will be limited numbers of patrons allowed to stand at the rail to watch the horses run – observe signage in this area.
- Wash your hands or use our hygiene stations regularly.
- We reserve the right to evict any patrons not following the guidelines.
- Disposable drinkware will be used.
- When leaving you will be required to note your name and departure time at the front entrance.
The Cairns Jockey Club has been granted approval to run this event under the Racing Queensland’s COVID safe plan. As we are a licensed venue we must also abide by all regulations set out by the Office of Liquor and Gaming and the Queensland Public Health Unit.
You will not be permitted to attend the event if:
- You have been to a known COVID hotspot in the last 14 days or been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- You are experiencing flu like symptoms.